Presidency Message
by Sue Monson
Peace in Christ
“Learn of me, and listen to my words, walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me.” D&C 19:23.
There is a challenge, and a promise in the 2018 Mutual theme. The challenge is to learn of Christ, listen to His words and walk with Him. The promise is that we will find peace regardless of what our trials might be.
“Youth are being directed to find Christ in His words, in learning of Him so that they might really learn how to emulate Him. The peace in Christ isn’t just indicating that we believe Christ, but it really is knowing Him, knowing of Him, feeling His Spirit, and walking with that Spirit.” Sister Carol F. McConkie, First Counselor in the Young Women General Presidency.
Peace in Christ is available in this life. You may wonder why a prayer to the Lord appears to be ignored or forgotten. I testify the Lord will never forget or ignore you. He is aware of you, He loves you, He knows you by name. The Lord sees with eternal eyes. His perspective and timing are perfect.
In the short time left in 2018, I challenge you to study and learn of Christ, ask the Lord what He is trying to teach you. Then you will find peace in Christ. Not peace as the world knows it, but peace in Christ that you can carry with you no matter what your circumstances might be. I am grateful for the blessings of the Gospel. I am thankful for a living prophet and I testify that God lives and loves each of us. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment